Lunch with God

 I do not wish to brag, but the story made me smile-

I had lunch with God today, I hadn’t seen him in a while.

I was shopping out in town, and it didn’t cross my mind,

I looked over to one side, and saw him in a bind.

He’d been riding his bike all morning, and he was tired and hungry,

So I sat down beside him, and asked “will you share lunch with me?”

He smiled and said yes, so I brought out the food,

Sandwiches and bottled drinks; simple, but it tasted good.

We talked about the town, where we had both grown up;

While busy shoppers, christians some, passed by with noses up.

We sat and spoke a while about the world and people in it,

While sharing food, which simple though, was more than most would give him.

We finished lunch and parted ways, I bade him “God be with you”,

But while I sat and shared my lunch, it was me God had been with too.



Matthew 25:34-40




Popular posts from this blog

Pope Proposes People Pass the Prescript!

The Commerce of Christ at Christmas?

Anglicans in the Ambulatory!!!